“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
I know, I know, the quote is a little kitschy, but it summarizes how we feel about travel. Travel is unpredictable, intoxicating, and downright addicting. Not only does travel helps to recharge and refocus the heart and mind, but it also helps to create memories and solidify a solid bond with your partner. In my opinion, life without travel is not living at all. Romantic travel is about setting aside time frames and itineraries, taking the time to enjoy the culture, the people and just being in the moment with the one you love!
Hi! We are Marty and Michelle, That Texas Couple! Since you’re here, let me tell you a little about us…..
Our history in a nutshell:
- Marty and I met when I was in high school!
- We dated for 3+ years
- Sadly, we broke up when I moved to college
- Life took us in separate directions for a while
- We reconnected after years, then picked up where we left off, only better! We are older, wiser and more mature (well, sometimes).
- Got married!
Who We Are Now
Our first year back together, Marty and I visited all three U.S. coastlines in one summer. We both already had a love for travel, but this whirlwind trip sparked a fire in us that we vowed to let burn.
Here on our blog, we share our tips for romantic and fun travel, great relationships, and falling and staying in love. We hope to be your “one stop shop” for all things related to couples travel! Join us to follow along on our journeys as we give you practical tips and advice to help make your couples travel dreams come true. We’re so glad you’re here!
Do you want to know more? OK….
Quirky Facts About Us:
- We love to drive fast cars.
- I have been zip lining in 5 countries and hope to keep adding to the list.
- Marty and I LOVE good food.
- We are adrenaline junkies
- Drinking wine makes me happy.
- Marty used to make thousands of pizzas a week, but now he doesn’t seem to want to make me one ever. LOL
- I try really hard to learn new languages but have yet to be successful.
- Marty is one of the most laid back people you will ever meet-it’s true.
- We understand that going to the tourist sites is fun (and we do that), but we really enjoy discovering how the locals live and getting off of the beaten path.
- Our favorite color is red!
- We can both roll our tongue. Weird, I know!
So far, we’ve repelled down waterfalls in Mexico, stood in awe of the Roman ruins, stayed in a castle in Scotland, ate gelato in Venice, sipped wine in the Rhine Valley, partied on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, and escaped Alcatraz Island just to name a few things!
We adore Europe and find ourselves visiting there a couple of times a year. Somehow, I always seem to convince Marty to include Italy on our itinerary ever trip. Probably because he knows how much I love Italy and will do anything to make me happy.
You will see a theme as you get to know our blog. We are big lovers of food and wine and generally incorporate them into some aspect of each trip. One of our favorite things to do when visiting a new area is to take a food tour. We have participated in food tours in our hometown of Dallas-Ft. Worth, Dublin, Savannah, Rome, and Galveston just to name a few. So, if you’re a foodie, you are definitely in good hands.
If you’re new here and want to get an idea of where to start, then consider these articles as a jumping off point for our blog: